What is Joomla?
Joomla! is a free and open source content management system (CMS) designed to assist users in building websites and other online applications. The Joomla Web CMS is considered to be a popular choice for many types of websites, including corporate sites, news or blogs, government applications, small business sites and sites where secure logins are required. The ecosystem of Joomla developers and users provide products and services to the Joomla community which has more than one-half million members and more than 20,000 developers.
Joomla 3.9.23 is now available. This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 7 security vulnerabilities and contains more than 35 bug fixes and improvements.
What’s in 3.9.23?
Joomla 3.9.23 includes 7 security vulnerability fixes and addresses several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
-  Low Priority – High Impact – com_finder ignores access levels on autosuggest (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority – Moderate Impact – Disclosure of secrets in Global Configuration page (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority – Moderate Impact – Path traversal in mod_random_image (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority – High Impact – SQL injection in com_users list view (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority – Low Impact – User Enumeration in backend login (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority – Low Impact – CSRF in com_privacy emailexport feature (affecting Joomla! 3.9.0 through 3.9.22)
-  Low Priority – High Impact – Write ACL violation in multiple core views (affecting Joomla! 1.7.0 through 3.9.22)
Bug fixes and Improvements
In order to get Joomla ready for PHP 8 (to be released on November 26th, 2020), Joomla 3.9.23 includes fixes to ensure PHP 8 compatibility.
- TinyMCE updated #30329
- Fix for frontend module editing permissions #30778
- Fix for the lost of transparency when cropping/resizing images #30977
- Validation rule added for the redirect header field #31016
Is your website ready for Joomla! 3.9.23?
Joomla! 3.9.23 is a one-click update just like previous 3.x versions. As always, before upgrading it is important to update all of your third-party extensions and also to take and test a full backup of your site.
This is also a great time to connect with your hosting company and check your PHP and database versions. We recommend upgrading to PHP 7 or 7.1 as it will bring a considerable speed boost to your site. Further system requirements can be found on the technical requirements page.
Also, if you are using the Hathor backend template you should switch to the Isis template as your administrative template. The Hathor template is being deprecated and may not provide you with the ability to use all the latest features in Joomla! 3.9.23.
How to Choose Best and Cheap European Joomla 3.9.23 Hosting?
If you’re not sure which company can be the best web hosting service provider for Joomla 3.9.23 application, this is the correct page you’ve visited. Here we would like to recommend several web hosting companies who can be the best Joomla 3.9.23 Hosting in the market for you to check.
How to choose the best and cheap Joomla 3.9.23 CMS hosting? Choosing the best and cheap Joomla 3.9.23 CMS hosting is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the Joomla 3.9.23 CMS compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this Joomla CMS review site, which is designed to help you find the best and cheap Joomla 3.9.23 CMS hosting within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ Joomla 3.9.23 CMS hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
Best and Cheap European Joomla 3.9.23 Hosting
Get high performance, best uptime and the most reliable Windows Server for your Joomla website with Joomla Hosting. Joomla 3.9.23 Hosting from ASPHostPortal.com provides a safe, reliable and performance-driven foundation for your Joomla website. Joomla is the perfect Content Management System for managing and developing your website with one of ASPHostPortal’s Hosting plans. If you are looking for the right Windows ASP.NET hosting that support Joomla hosting provider, they are the right choice for you. They have proactive monitoring down to seconds with reactive solutions in place to ensure the stability of the services they provide. All hosting servers are monitored 24/7/365. They use enterprise software to monitor their entire network infrastructure. Their best and cheap Joomla 3.9.23 hosting price starts from $5.00 per month.