Best and Cheap European MediaWiki 1.36.1 Hosting
MediaWiki is a free software open source wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia. It is now also used by several other projects of the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation and by many other wikis, including this website, the home of MediaWiki.
MediaWiki is a particular wiki engine, that is developed for and used by Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects. MediaWiki is freely available for others to use (and improve), and it is in use by all sorts of projects and organizations around the world.
Upgrading to MediaWiki 1.36.1
MediaWiki 1.36.1 can be upgraded to (or installed) using any of Installatron’s products. Use Installatron’s optional Automatic Update feature to automatically apply MediaWiki updates as new versions are released, or use Installatron’s Clone feature to duplicate an existing MediaWiki install to test the 1.36.1 upgrade prior to applying it live.
- The logo of MediaWiki has changed. This means that the “Powered By MediaWiki” button shown in the skin footer will be different.
- All HTML5 named entities are now accepted in wikitext.
- (T106263) The file description page’s alternate sizes now include 2048px.
Action API changes
- `Access-Control-Max-Age` was added to the default list of headers allowed for cross-origin API requests ($wgAllowedCorsHeaders).
- Accounts with the ‘bot’ right no longer have pages automatically added to the watchlist when making API edits, regardless of their preferences. This is to reduce the size of the watchlist data in the database. To add API bot edits to the watchlist, explicitly set the ‘watch’ option.
- MediaWiki 1.36 now requires the PHP internationalization extension (commonly referred to as Intl, ext-intl, or php-intl).
- The MediaWiki:Autoblock_whitelist block exemption control has been moved to MediaWiki:Block-autoblock-exemptionlist. If you use this feature, please move the MediaWiki:Autoblock_whitelist page.
- (T275334) $wgExtensionFunctions is sometimes used to change configuration settings. This is not safe; extension functions are run relatively late, some services are already initialized by that point and so they use the old configuration. Changes in 1.36 make this kind of breakage even more common. You can use the MediaWikiServices hook instead. (In the future there might be a dedicated hook for configuration changes.)
- The MediaWiki update script, maintenance/update.php, used to accept `–nopurge` as an option to prevent clearing caches stored in the database during upgrade. This is no longer encouraged, and the option has been removed.
What is MediaWiki good for?
MediaWiki is really, really good at allowing groups of people – be they groups of 3 people or groups of 100s of people – to contribute to documents (known as ‘articles’).
Users of MediaWiki can add and edit text within pages, and insert images in to documents. They can format text bold and italic, add links to other pages both within the wiki and externally. This is all achieved through the use of a simple ‘markdown’ language which translates certain characters within the text in to different formating.
Every version of an article within MediaWiki is stored, and users can revert an article back to a previous state if they feel it is better in quality than the current version.
MediaWiki can be used as:
- A framework for an intranet or extranet – a portal for members of a company or organisation – to use as a central resource to store documentation on a product or service (for example, many software companies use MediaWiki to store details about how their software works).
- A basic project management system, allowing users to monitor their tasks and outstanding issues for the project (so, MediaWiki can also be used as a bug-tracking tool for software projects).
- An encyclopaedia, such as Wikipedia.
- A dictionary or glossary of terms, such as Wiktionary.
- A way to store walk-throughs and how-to guides online.
And, of course, there are plenty of other uses for MediaWiki not seen yet.
How to Choose Best and Cheap European MediaWiki 1.36.1 Hosting?
How to choose the best and cheap European MediaWiki 1.36.1 hosting? Choosing the best and cheap European MediaWiki 1.36.1 hosting is not a simple task especially with low price offers. You need to take a large number of factors into consideration, including the MediaWiki 1.36.1 compatibility, usability, features, speed, reliability, price, company reputation, etc. Therefore, we have established this MediaWiki 1.36.1 review site, which is designed to help you find the best and cheap European MediaWiki 1.36.1 hosting within minutes, based on our specialized editors’ MediaWiki 1.36.1 hosting experience and real customers’ feedback.
ASPHostPortal as the leader of Windows ASP.NET hosting provider offers the latest version of MediaWiki 1.36.1. For fast, secure and reliable MediaWiki 1.36.1 Hosting with affordable price, look no further than ASPHostPortal.com for all your web hosting related needs. ASPHostPortal comes with eight Windows ASP.NET hosting plan, and the prices start from $2.00/mo, normally. With the exclusive promotional link, customers can get the hosting at only $1.00/mo, 50% off the regular prices. That certainly makes ASPHostPortal the cheapest MediaWiki 1.36.1 hosting in the field. Moreover, if there is anything wrong, customers can cancel the service, and ask their full money back within the first 30 days, according to ASPHostPortal 30 Days Money Back Guarantee.
Customer support is a backbone of any hosting company. Poor customer support can cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars. ASPHostPortal is known for good customer support. At ASPHostPortal you can get customer support by opening a ticket. If you’re active on twitter, you can also mention @ASPHostPortal with your problem and they’ll reply to your tweet as soon as possible. Apart from 24*7 customer support they have a well documented knowledge base that you can refer to solve your basic queries.
Does ASPHostPortal really give 99.99% up time? The answer is yes. ASPHostPortal Windows Hosting servers are capable enough to make your website 99.99% available. ASPHostPortal has established a world-class infrastructure making it possible to guarantee such a high uptime percentage. Of course there is always the possibility that some factor beyond the control of the ASPHostPortal Company will result in more downtime. Fortunately, this does not occur too often. Upgrades and maintenance downtime are acceptable and do not impact the uptime guarantee.
ASPHostPortal Windows Hosting comes with Plesk control panel. Plesk is best control panel to manage Windows hosting. You can easily manage your server, email accounts with few clicks. You can instantly install over 100 applications on your website with just a few clicks. You can check everything about your website including disk space, traffic, logs & statistics and many more.
Their MediaWiki 1.36.1 hosting plans were created with ASP.NET and Windows developers in mind. Experience the best in MediaWiki 1.36.1 web hosting at some of the most affordable prices in the industry. With the latest .NET framework, the greatest in MediaWiki 1.36.1 web hosting components, and their world class support, you’ll soon realize that choosing UKWindowsHostASP.NET is having the UKWindowsHostASP.NET Advantage the advantage of working with the best.
Their data center located on United Kingdom (London). The Data Center is custom designed with raised floors. The Data Center is equipped with HVAC temperature control systems with separate cooling zones, seismically braced racks, advanced early smoke detection and fire suppression systems. Their Data Centers are supported by some of the most powerful physical security in the business. They have 24/7 video surveillance, security breach alarms and Biometric thumb print scanners at every entryway.
As is known, reliability is a top concern for webmasters hosting websites, thus UKWindowsHostASP.NET experts to providing satisfying uptime so as to keep websites running stably and smoothly. This hosting provider guarantees 99.9% uptime.
As one of the most webmaster friendly web hosting provider, UKWindowsHostASP.NET gives out all the convenience to their customer to manage the server easily. UKWindowsHostASP.NET chooses Plesk Control Panel as the Windows ASP.NET web hosting control panel. Plesk Control Panel is an easy-to-use and visual designed control panel for Windows/ASP.NET web hosting. With Plesk Control Panel you can easily manage all about your websites, including domains, files, databases, scheduled tasks, FTP accounts, emails and more.
HostForLIFEASP.NET’s easy to use web hosting solutions have made us one of the leading Windows and MediaWiki 1.36.1 Hosting service providers in United Kingdom (UK) for years. They were among the first businesses in the IT sector to offer a fully automated web hosting solution and we continue to lead the market through the constant development of their web hosting technology.
They also provide the fastest hosting servers on the internet. Websites hosted on their servers load very fast and they put so much effort to ensure the servers are up to date and in good condition. Their green hosting also ensures an economical friendly environment.
HostForLIFEASP.NET currently operates data center located in Amsterdam (Netherlands), offering complete redundancy in power, HVAC, fire suppression, network connectivity, and security. With over 53,000 sq ft of raised floor between the two facilities, HostForLIFEASP.NET has an offering to fit any need. The data center facility sits atop multiple power grids driven by TXU electric, with PowerWare UPS battery backup power and dual diesel generators onsite. Our HVAC systems are condenser units by Data Aire to provide redundancy in cooling coupled with nine managed backbone providers.