Best Cheap European phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting
phpBB package has been updated to version 3.1.10. phpBB is used by millions of people on a daily basis, making it the most widely used opensource bulletin board system in the world. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in.
phpBB is a free flat-forum bulletin board software solution that can be used to stay in touch with a group of people or can power your entire website. With an extensive database of user-created modifications and styles database containing hundreds of style and image packages to customise your board, you can create a very unique forum in minutes.
When compared with other forum software on the market phpBB has clear advantages. The number one advantage is the size of the user base and number of websites using phpBB. With hundreds of thousands of websites using phpBB you can rest assured that the software is stable and solid – after all, if it wasn’t so stable the masses of websites currently using it would simply jump to another open source solution. Because phpBB is more often than not a single component within a larger website the free styles and themes offered by the phpBB community make it easy for you to integrate into an existing website.
Currently there are over 163 free to download styles which can all be further customized based on color scheme to fit the existing look of your website down to the last detail. If you are planning on reaching out to a global audience phpBB currently offers 47 language packs with support for most major languages on the web. This also includes support for complicated languages with different character sets such as Arabic and Japanese.
What Is New In phpBB 3.1.10?
This version is a maintenance & security release of the 3.1.x branch which fixes one trivial security issue and various smaller bugs. The security issue only affects users using no longer supported versions of browsers as well as improperly setup webservers (thanks to Lukas Reschke of Nextcloud for reporting this).
The bugfixes address the Q&A captcha logging errors when it was solved, fatal errors when upgrading from 3.0.x in certain cases, and database transactions not being rolled back with incorrect notification settings. Other changes include an improved migrator and hardened form checking in the Admin Control Panel.
It also adds support for UI tests in extensions and now checks the version constant against the config version to notify users of incomplete updates.
- Check phpBB version constant against config version – Display a warning in the ACP if the version constant (files) does not match the phpbb_config version
- Support extensions in UI tests – UI tests now also support installing extensions and testing their behavior
- Improved migrator – The migrator will now properly prevent timeouts and infinite loops. It will no longer unexpectedly try to revert update_data() implementations using “if”
- Dropped support for MySQL versions improperly implementing FULLTEXT support – Some MySQL versions used improper implementations of FULLTEXT support. Versions with correct support are now required
- Users removed from newly registered group when limit set to 0 posts – Users will now be able to exit the newly registered users group when the limit is set to according to the setting’s definition in the ACP.
- Further hardened checking links and form submissions – Added link hashes and form keys to all forms in the ACP that were still relying on global ACP form protections.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Prevent MySQL error when looking at your posts – Wrong column was selected in certain cases.
- Q&A CAPTCHA no longer logs error when solved – A change in 3.1.9 caused the CAPTCHA to log an error even though it was solved.
- Min/max form values no longer preventing update of avatar settings – The newly introduced form validation on the html side will no longer report invalid min/max settings when updating avatar settings.
- Fixed fatal error when upgrading from 3.0.x – Fixed error when upgrading from version with softdelete MOD installed.
- Limit prunes per cron for large forums – Prunes on large forums were not limited. This could cause the prune query to fail at an unspecified point in time and leave topics unpruned.
- Rollback transactions in notifications manager – Fixed issues with not rolled back transactions when using non-existent notification types
How to Choose The Best Cheap European phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting?
To find best and cheap Windows hosting provider that fully support phpBB 3.1.10 hosting is not easy task. We are going to help you to find the Best Cheap European phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting. After reviewed more 50 affordable and reputable phpBB 3.1.10 hosting providers on their reliability, speed, price, technologies and technical support, we recommend ASPHostPortal as the best and cheap phpBB 3.1.10 hosting provider. The following are the reasons why we choose ASPHostPortal as the best and cheap phpBB 3.1.10 hosting provider.
ASPHostPortal.com as The Best Cheap European phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting
ASPHostPortal.com was founded in 2008. It has been topping the list of almost all the web hosting review sites so far. If you have chosen to use phpBB 3.1.10 to build your online forum, you can count on their unique handmade hosting solution. They provide multiple server locations and advanced caching options to make your experience with phpBB 3.1.10 really fast and enjoyable.
They also make sure that your phpBB 3.1.10 website is safer and better supported than anywhere else! You’ll get the best and cheap phpBB 3.1.10 hosting with ASPHostPortal.com. Their best and cheap phpBB 3.1.10 hosting plan is starting at $5.00/mo. ASPHostPortal.com is now providing free domain and double SQL server space for new clients to enjoy the company’s outstanding web hosting service. Their servers optimized for your phpBB 3.1.10 installation 24/7/365 ASPHostPortal.com’s technical support from phpBB hosting experts.