Cheap European WordPress 4.7.1 Hosting
WordPress is a free and open-source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress was used by more than 23.3% of the top 10 million websites as of January 2015. WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites.
What is New in WordPress 4.7.1?
WordPress 4.7.1 was released just a few hours ago. It is the last major release of the year 2016, which brings some exciting new improvements and several bug fixes. In this article, we will show you what’s new in WordPress 4.7.1 and which features you should try after updating your websites.
Twenty Seventeen – A New Default Theme
WordPress 4.7.1 is the last release of the year. It is a WordPress tradition to release a new default theme each year named after the year.
Meet Twenty Seventeen.
This beautiful default theme comes with focus on business websites instead of blogs. It even comes with starter content to help new users start a WordPress website in minutes.
Twenty Seventeen is flexible enough to be used as a blog theme as well. Perhaps the most noticeable thing about Twenty Seventeen is crisp typography, which looks great on all screens.
Other noticeable features include large featured images, full screen header video and images, and graceful mobile-first design. All these elements make Twenty Seventeen a great starter theme for any kind of website.
Video Header Support in WordPress 4.7.1
WordPress 4.7.1 brings video header support for themes. Many free and premium themes were already allowing users to add full screen videos. The video header feature will make it easier for theme developers to integrate it with in customizer with live preview.
Users can upload their own videos in mp4 format, or add a YouTube video. We recommend adding a video using YouTube.
Some premium WordPress themes allowed their customers to import starter content when they purchased a theme. The purpose of this content is to immediately setup a site for users with dummy content, which they can later edit to meet their own needs.
WordPress 4.7.1 brings similar functionality to the WordPress core and themes. Themes can now automatically add starter content on fresh sites.
A user will need to just visit the theme customizer and the starter content will be displayed. However, this starter content will not be saved until a user clicks on the save button.
PDF Previews in WordPress 4.7.1
WordPress 4.7.1 generates thumbnail previews for PDF files and displays them in media library. Previously, when you added a PDF document WordPress showed a generic document icon. Users had to use different PDF plugins for thumbnail previews.
This feature creates an image for the first page of PDF document during upload. This image is then stored in different sizes and is displayed in media library, media upload popup, and attachment pages.
Edit Shortcuts in Customizer Preview
WordPress 4.7.1 also brings ‘Edit Shortcuts’ in customizer preview. These edit shortcuts are small blue icons placed on editable items in your theme’s live preview.
This will be immensely helpful to new users who can now just point and click to edit an item.
Don’t be surprised if you don’t see edit shortcuts for your theme. It is a new feature and it may not be available with your current theme.
Add Custom CSS in Live Preview
Sometimes you may need to quickly add some CSS to your WordPress site. Previously you had to add custom CSS to your theme or child theme‘s stylesheet. WordPress 4.7.1 allows you to directly add custom CSS using Customizer and view live preview of your changes.
However, this custom CSS is specific to the WordPress theme you are currently editing.
Admin Language Control
WordPress 4.7.1 allows users to switch the admin area language from their user profile. You will still need to install the languages before users can switch them.
Editor Improvements in WordPress 4.7.1
The post editor in WordPress is where users spend most of their time creating content. Each WordPress release strives to improve the editing experience by making it more easier and intuitive.
WordPress 4.7.1 brings some important changes to the editor. Users can now see keyboard shortcuts in tooltips and drop down menus.
The paragraph and heading selector menu will now appear in the top bar. The underline button has been removed, and the strikethrough and horizontal line buttons are moved to the kitchen sink bar.
WordPress 4.7.1 also fixes 61 bugs from Version 4.7, including:
- #39132 – WP 4.7, object-cache.php breaks the site if APC is not enabled in php
- #39327 – Database connection errors in unit tests on 4.7
- #39138 – wordpress 4.7 default theme does not get installed when upgrading
- #39272 – Twenty Seventeen: Incorrect $content_width
- #39302 – Twenty Seventeen: Featured image not displayed on single template
- #39335 – Twenty Seventeen: customize-controls.js incorrectly assumes theme_options section is always present
- #39109 – Twenty Seventeen: starter content array needs a filter
- #39489 – Twenty Seventeen: Bump version and update changelog
- #37982 – 4.6.1 Breaks apostrophes in titles and utf-8 characters
- #39280 – comment permalink wrong in WordPress 4.7
- #39380 – wp_update_comment can cause database error with new filter
- #39009 – Customizer: the preview UI language should be the user language
- #39098 – Customize: Clicking on child elements of preview links fails to abort navigation to non-previewable links
- #39100 – Customize: Edit shortcuts do not work if page hasn’t been saved and published
- #39101 – Customize: edit shortcuts for custom menu widgets do not work
- #39102 – Customize: Shift-click on placeholder nav menu items fails to focus on the nav menu item control
- #39103 – Customize: menus aren’t deleted
- #39104 – Customize: starter content home menu item needs to be a link, not a page
- #39125 – Customize: Video Header YouTube field has issues when whitespace is inserted at beginning or end of URL
- #39134 – Customize: custom CSS textarea is scrolled to top when pressing tab
- #39145 – custom-background URL escaped
- #39175 – Customizer assumes url is passed with replaceState and pushState
- #39194 – Invalid parameters in Custom CSS and Changeset queries
- #39198 – Customize: Apostrophes in custom CSS cause false positives for validation errors
- #39259 – ‘custom_css_post_id’ theme mod of
-1doesn’t prevent queries
- #39270 – Use a higher priority on wp_head for inline custom CSS
- #39349 – Customizer (mobile preview) site title extra padding
- #39444 – Text Decoration Underline removes on hover in Customizer
- #39276 – Link Editor bug – target=”_blank” not removed
- #39313 – Add New button not disappearing in Distraction-free Writing mode
- #39368 – .page-template-default body class in editor doesn’t appear in initial post/page load.
- #37210 – Update PHPMailer to 5.2.21
- #39066 –
fetch_feed()changes REST API response
- #39141 – RSS feeds have incorrect lastBuildDate when using alternate languages
- #39148 – Correct concatenated dynamic hooks
- #39433 – Update copyright year in license.txt
- #37839 – wp_remote_get sometimes mutilates the response body
- #37991 – fsockopen logic bug
- #37992 – fsockopen hard codes port 443 when http scheme used
- #38070 – RegEx to remove double slashes affects query strings as well.
- #38226 – “cURL error 23: Failed writing body” when updating plugins or themes
- #38232 – Setting
sslverifyto false still validates the hostname
- #39195 – Undefined index: extension in class-wp-image-editor-imagick.php on line 152
- #39231 – Allow the pdf fallback_intermediate_image_sizes filter to process add_image_size() sizes.
- #39250 – Undefinded Variable in Media-Modal
Posts, Post Types
- #39211 – is_page_template could return true on terms
- #38700 – REST API: Cannot send an empty or no-op comment update
- #38977 – REST API:
passwordis incorrectly included in arguments to get a media item
- #39010 – REST API: Treat null and other falsy values like
- #39042 – REST API: Allow sanitization_callback to be set to null to bypass
- #39070 – WP-API JS client can’t use getCategories for models returned by collections
- #39092 – REST API: Add support for filename search in media endpoint
- #39150 – Empty JSON Payload Causes rest_invalid_json
- #39293 – WordPress REST API warnings
- #39300 – REST API Terms Controller Dynamic Filter Bug
- #39314 – WP-API Backbone Client: buildModelGetter fails to reject deferred on fetch error
- #39215 – Support for string $args in wp_get_object_terms() broken in 4.7
- #39328 – Adding terms without AJAX strips “taxonomy” query arg
- #39246 – Theme deletion has a JS error that prevents multiple themes from being deleted.
- #39047 – Installer tries to create nonce before options table exists
- #39057 – FTP credentials form doesn’t display the SSH2 fields on the Updates screen
Cheap European WordPress 4.7.1 Hosting
When it comes to choosing the best WordPress 4.7.1 Hosting, we’re bound and determined to find out which company is providing the most value. There are some major components that make up a great host in our opinion, and those are Performance, Knowledge, Speed, Reliability of Support, and Pricing and the overall product offering. After reviewed many WordPress 4.7.1 hosting provider, we highly recommend ASPHostPortal for your WordPress hosting solution. The following are some reasons why ASPHostPortal should be your choice.
Without further ado, ASPHostPortal.com was one of our top performers, and is especially impressive considering the $5.00 price point for their startup WordPress 4.7.1 hosting plan. ASPHostPortal has been offering hosting services for more than 8 years and is a good option if you are looking for shared hosting. They offer great, reliable hosting at an incredibly good price that is hard to beat from a reputable company. Not only that ASPHostPortal also offers very reliable hosting with easy installation of WordPress 4.7.1, 24/7 support, and a long track record.
All of their servers run the latest versions of WordPress so they will always be able to support your site. All of their servers run the latest versions of WordPress so they will always be able to support your site. You will install WordPress site for free. ASPHostPortal provides multiple server locations, free CDN and advanced caching options to make both yours and your customers’ experience with WordPress really fast and enjoyable. They also make sure that your WordPress website is safer and better supported than anywhere else.
Everything starts with impeccable support. The unmatched knowledge, experience, and dedication of their team truly make them stand out. They understand that people are the most important piece of the service they provide, and that is why they are at the top of the list. You’ll notice the difference the first time you talk to one of their WordPress experts.
ASPHostPortal offers affordable price for WordPress hosting plan. Customers can start their WordPress site just from $5.00/mo. They are so confident that you will like their service, so they brave to offer a 30 day money back guarantee on hosting fees. Just cancel before 30 days, and they will refund your entire hosting fee. You can get cheaper price with their hosting promotion and free add-ons too, for more information just visits their official site at http://asphostportal.com.
Their data centers are strategically located around the country to provide their customers with the highest levels of availability, service and support on the market. Their data centers located on US (Washington & Seattle), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Singapore, Hong Kong, United Kingdom (London), Australia (Melbourne), France (Paris), Germany (Frankfurt), Italy (Milan), India (Mumbai). Each Data Center is custom designed with raised floors. Each Data Center is equipped with HVAC temperature control systems with separate cooling zones, seismically braced racks, advanced early smoke detection and fire suppression systems. Their Data Centers are supported by some of the most powerful physical security in the business. They have 24/7 video surveillance, security breach alarms and Biometric thumb print scanners at every entryway.
Are You Looking for CentOS Linux Dedicated Server?
You have many options when choosing a Reliable Dedicated CentOS Linux hosting company. Our recommendation for CentOS Linux Dedicated Server is ASPHostPortal.com. ASPHostPortal.com is the best and cheap CentOS Linux Dedicated Server.
With CentOS Linux dedicated server from ASPHostPortal.com, you have full root access to the server 24/7/365. The server is a dedicated service and it is not shared among their clients. All ASPHostPortal.com servers offer the most advanced CentOS Linux Dedicated Server operating system available today.